HEartsaver CPR AED Classes Available Now
There are no upcoming events at this time.
ECG & PHARMACOLOGY CLASS CURRICULUM
Designed as a prep class for ACLS EDU’s ACLS and PALS training classes, this ECG and Pharmacology class is ideal for healthcare professionals and medical personnel who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency. It covers a wide variety of skills and techniques used to respond to heart and drug-related emergencies. It is recommended for students that are going to take ACLS and PALS for the first time. Learning this information will give you more confidence while taking ACLS and PALS.
In addition to the basics of heart anatomy and electrophysiology, our ECG and Pharmacology class includes information on:
- How to read a heart monitor and interpret the rhythms
- ECG measurements and arrhythmias
- 12-lead ECG placement and overview
- How and when to use appropriate drugs during a cardiac event
- ACLS drug basics including dosage, usage, and contraindications
- Students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course along with Continuing Education units from the Board of Nursing or EMS if they chose to.
Our course is designed for healthcare personnel who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes professionals who work in emergency response and medicine, as well as doctors, nurses, paramedics and others who require specialized cardiovascular knowledge for their jobs.