Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Classes Available Now
Student who successfully complete the pals course will receive a pals provider course completion card (print or ecard), valid for two years:
- Actively participate in, practice and complete all learning stations
- Complete the open-resource written exam with a minimum score of 84%
- Pass the 1- and 2-Rescuer Child BLS With AED and 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Tests
- Pass 2 PALS core case scenarios (1 cardiac & 1 respiratory) as a team leader providing appropriate medical treatment & demonstrating effective team dynamics
After successfully completing the PALS course, students should be able to:
- Perform high-quality child CPR AED and infant CPR per AmericanHeart Association basic life support recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and patients who do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early, and begin CPR within 10 seconds apply team dynamics differentiate between respiratory distress and respiratory failure, and perform early interventions for both
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock, and perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac-arrest management.
- Upon successful completion of the course, including achieving a score of 84% or higher on the course exam, students receive a PALS course completion card that is valid for two years.
Course Completion Card
Recent Blog Articles
The New Year is just around the corner, get certified while everyone else is out shopping! https://aclsedu.com CPR Training is especially important during the holidays, many may find one of their own needing help before the New Year. Register Now to get the best holiday gift out there! CPR Training is offered 7 days a…Read More
ACLS EDU provides onsite & classroom American Heart Association First Aid, CPR, BLS, ACLS, PALS certification and recertification courses.